In order to meet your campus dining needs, we have designed the following meal plans for the 2014-2015 academic year. If you need to purchase a meal plan, or if you would like to make a change to the plan you have already selected, simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop into the Dining Services Office in Reamer 202 any weekday.
There is an old joke that accurately captures the "you can't please everyone" dilemma. Two disgruntled diners are commenting on a restaurant meal and one says to the other, "This food is terrible!" The other responds, "Yes, and the portions are too small." In contrast, Union students on the meal plan are generally very satisfied with the quality, selection and amount of food available.
All students living in campus housing are required to be on a meal plan; the meal plan is optional for all students living off campus or commuting. All Freshmen are required to be on the Freshmen 15 Plan for their first term, after which they may choose either the Freshman Unlimited, Freshman 12, Freshman 10 or Freshman 7 Plans. The Block 30 Mealplan is not available to Freshmen. All meal plans can be changed during the first week of each term.
MEAL PLAN SELECTIONS
- Freshman Unlimited - Unlimited meals per week, includes NO declining balance.
- Freshman 15 - Any 15 meals per week, includes $200 in declining balance (after 1st Term).
- Freshman 12 - Any 12 meals per week, includes $350 in declining balance (after 1st Term).
- Freshman 10 - Any 10 meals per week, includes $450 in declining balance (after 1st Term).
- Unlimited Access - Unlimited meals per week, includes NO declining balance.
- Upperclass 15 - Any 15 meals per week, includes $200 in declining balance.
- Upperclass 12 - Any 12 meals per week, includes $350 in declining balance.
- Upperclass 10 - Any 10 meals per week, includes $450 in declining balance.
- Upperclass 7 - Any 7 meals per week, includes $550 in declining balance.
- Block 30 - Any 30 meals per term, includes $750 in declining balance (Not available to Freshmen.).
Upperclassmen living off campus may select a Non-Resident plan which provides $200 in declining balance or an Off Campus Plan with 20 meals per term and $100 in declining balance. Please stop into Reamer 202 and fill out a contract.
Declining Balance - Yours to use like cash, declining balance or "DCB" can be used at any dining facility, the Bookstore's Convenience Store (for food & beverage only), the soda and snack vending machines accross campus and to purchase catering (see our catering page for an order form).
All On-Campus Student Mealplans include 4 Guest Meals per Term.
Replacing Lost Student ID Cards
The Campus Safety Office issues all meal cards and replacement cards. You must present you card to gain access to resident dining facilities, or to purchase items in our retail operations. You may also use the card to purchase items from numerous vending machines on campus. Never lend your card or leave it where it might be picked up and used by someone else. Protect yourself by taking care of your card as you would cash or credit cards, and reporting it's loss immediately to the Campus Safety Office. Your card, the services it entitles you to, and the food you receive from its use are non-transferable.
Changing Meal Plans
Changes to your meal plan can only be made during the first week of each trimester. Please come to Room 202 in the Reamer Campus Center to fill out a mealplan contract or download here: Mealplan Contract 2014.
Adding Cash to Declining Balance
You can add on to your Declining Balance account at any time by simply stopping into our office, Reamer 202, and filling out a form. Your balance will carry over from the fall and winter to the spring term, however, any remaining funds after the end of the spring term will be forfeited. For your convenience, you may add to your Declining Balance by Credit Card using our new service ManageMyID by clicking on the logo below: